OUR EFFORTS TO PROVIDE AN ACCESSIBLE WEBSITE
To provide accessibility, we have taken the following actions:
- We have adopted this web accessibility policy.
- We have initiated training on web accessibility.
- Measures have been taken to ensure that you are able to:
- Resize text, adjust text spacing, and change fonts by adjusting browser settings (for example, this can be done in the appearance settings in your browser’s preferences).
- Have sufficient color contrast in all areas of the site. You can change colors by adjusting the browser settings. Typically, this can be done in the appearance settings, such as the browser’s font and color preferences. There are also plug-ins that work with certain browsers, such as Change Colors on Google Chrome.
- Use the content in your desired orientation, landscape, or portrait layouts.
- Listen and use the website with a screen reader (ex. NVDA, VoiceOver, JAWS).
- Utilize text-to-speech tools on the platform and with PDF content. There are many browser plug-in tools (such as Natural Reader for Chrome) that work on our website. Some technology has text-to-speech software built into the device’s accessibility settings.
- Access alternative text for images that are a part of the interface. Content contributed directly by us will display any supplied alternative text and descriptions of content.
- Understand link destinations without surrounding context.
Image Accessibility. Meaningful images that are part of the Silgan interface have a text alternative. Some of the images are intended to create a specific sensory experience in a way that words cannot fully capture. These images are contributed by us and third parties, and the quality of the text alternatives will vary, depending on the contributing source. Images may have informational text alternatives which convey descriptive information about the image. Some images may have additional descriptive text (e.g., a “description” metadata field).
- ACCESSIBILITY STANDARDS
To make our digital offerings accessible, Silgan strives to conform with the applicable WCAG v2.0 standards.
For more information about the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, visit https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/wcag/ .
- MAINTAINING ACCESSIBILITY
As part of our company policies, Silgan is committed to maintaining accessibility. This includes conducting periodic web accessibility audits and undergoing periodic web accessibility testing.
Beyond our existing remediation measures, we continually review our website (internally and independently) to ensure we adhere to best practices in web accessibility.
- APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Through our genuine and good faith commitment to accessibility, we believe our website voluntarily meets the accessibility standards of Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA“).
- ACCESSIBILITY REQUESTS AND FEEDBACK
Silgan is committed to accessibility, and we welcome your accessibility requests and suggestions on how we can improve the accessibility of our website and stores. You can
- HELPFUL RESOURCES
For more information on web accessibility and legal requirements, here are helpful resources:
How to find and use a screen reader. Screen readers are text-to-speech software that allow people to read and interact with content in different ways. Many people who cannot perceive what is on the screen will use them to allow audible access to web content. There are both free and paid options of screen readers available for Windows and Mac computers, as well as for common browsers, including Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox. Screen readers accept input in a variety of ways, but one of the most common forms is through your keyboard.
How to use accessibility tools on mobile. There are a lot of great features right on your smartphone. iOS and Android alike provide many tools to help you access what you love.
VoiceOver for iOS and TalkBack for Android are the screen readers that come built-in. To turn on VoiceOver, go to “Settings”, then “General”, to “Accessibility”, and then turn “VoiceOver” on. You can set the “Accessibility Shortcut” to “VoiceOver” from the “Accessibility” page in order to triple-click the “Home” button to toggle VoiceOver on and off. TalkBack has a similar feature.
“Zoom”, “Magnifier”, “Invert Colors”, “Color Filters”, and “Reduce White Point” are other features and tools on iOS that you can use. These are also available through the “Accessibility Shortcut”.
1140 31st Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515